Friday, 10 June 2016
NIIF, Qatar Investment Authority signed MoU to facilitate investment in Indian infrastructure sector
The National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (NIIF) Ltd. on 5 June 2016 signed a MoU with the Qatar Investment Authority (QIA) to facilitate investment in Indian infrastructure sector. The Memorandum of Understanding was signed in Doha during the Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to Qatar.
Features of the MoU
• Its objective is to facilitate QIA to study investment opportunities in the infrastructure sector in India.
• The QIA will develop a framework for exchange of information with regard to such investments opportunities, in order to enable both sides to decide on joint investments.
• The MoU will remain in effect for 12 months during which period, both parties will discuss and agree on the terms, principles, criteria for such investments.
• The NIIF shall share with QIA a pipeline of investment opportunities available in the infrastructure sector in India
About Qatar Investment Authority
• It is the sovereign wealth fund of the State of Qatar.
• They are long-term investors and access investment opportunities across all geographical areas, sectors and asset classes.
• The majority of their investments are outside Qatar with assets spanning a wide range of sectors and spread across asset classes.
• The fund deploys a wide range of investment strategies and invests through a carefully selected network of top-tier fund managers.
About National Investment and Infrastructure Fund
• It was approved by the Union Cabinet in July 2015 to fund new and rejuvenate stressed projects so that stalled investment cycle is revived in the country.
• It was established as a Category II Alternate Investment Funds (AIF) as per the regulations of the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI).
• It has an initial corpus of 20000 crore rupees which can be leveraged by infrastructure companies including Indian Rail Finance Corporation (IRFC) and National Housing Bank (NHB).
• Similar to the agreement with the QIA, the NIIF signed a MoU with the United Arab Emirates (UAE) authorities in February 2016 to mobilize investments into the Indian infrastructure sector.
This free script provided by
10+2 ADO APPOINTMENT APPOITMENT Archaeological survey of India Archaeology assam ASSEMBLY Assistant AVIATION Awards and Honors Bank BRICS business central approves CGL Chalu Ghadamodi CHHATTISGARH CHSL Civil Services Clerk commitee Computers Current Affairs Current Affairs in marathi daily marathi news and current affair exam oriented mpsc current affairs defence Ecology economy education employment ENGLISH Environment event foreign relation General Awareness Graduate Harappa civilisation Health high court Hindi Medium IBPS INDIA Indian scientists Insurance International Jobs Junior Engineer Kiran Institute of Career Achievements Kiran Prakashan Law LIC marathi MoA MoU NANOTECH nation national National Current Affairs in marathi NGO NICL Non-Technical Officer passes away person in news platinum jubilee POLICY political Pratiyogita Kiran Railways RBI report Research REWARD SBI SBI Associate scheme Science Science and tech Science and technology Science n tech Solved Papers sport sports SSC STATE Stenographer supreme court TAMILNADU technology telecom TIER-1 TIER-2 TODAY SPECIAL trade UGC UIICL UN Union Ministry Virtual World west bengal world world | world | Awards and Honors world | Thousand Island Lake | Species | dams | Balbina reservoir www.KICAonline.com www.KiranBookStore.com www.KiranOnlineExam.com www.KiranPrakashan.in स्पोर्ट