Thursday, 9 June 2016
Major General Per Lodin appointed to head UN Military Observer Group in India and Pakistan
Per Lodin, Major General of Sweden, was on 8 June 2016 appointed as the Head of the UN Military Observer Group in India and Pakistan (UNMOGIP). Lodin's appointment was approved by United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon.Major General Lodin succeeds Major General Delali Johnson Sakyi of Ghana, who will complete his two-year assignment as Chief Military Observer and Head of UNMOGIP on2 July 2016.
About Major General Per Lodin
• Lodin is currently the head of Strategic Material Management at Forsvarets materielverk (FMV), the Swedish Defence Ministry’s procurement and logistics arm.
• He had earlier served as the head of the task force centre of Kosovo Force (KFOR), the multi-national peacekeeping mission led by NATO in 2006-2007.
• He began his military career in the Swedish Army in 1978.
About UN Military Observer Group in India and Pakistan (UNMOGIP)
• According to the Security Council mandate, UNMOGIP reports on ceasefire violations along the Line of Control between India and Pakistan in Jammu and Kashmir.
• It also observes and reports developments that could lead to ceasefire violations.
• It has personnel from 10 countries comprising 44 military members and 72 civilian staff.
• UNMOGIP began the operations in 1949.
• India has always been against the UNMOGIP. It has maintained that the UNMOGIP has been made irrelevant by the 1972 Simla Agreement between Prime Ministers Indira Gandhi and Zulfikar Ali Bhutto that recognises the Kashmir dispute as a bilateral issue.
• While on the other hand, Pakistan’s Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has called for an expansion of the UNMOGIP and his country continues to file complaints with it about alleged Indian ceasefire violations.
• In 2014, India asked the UNMOGIP to leave the government building it had provided the mission.
This free script provided by
10+2 ADO APPOINTMENT APPOITMENT Archaeological survey of India Archaeology assam ASSEMBLY Assistant AVIATION Awards and Honors Bank BRICS business central approves CGL Chalu Ghadamodi CHHATTISGARH CHSL Civil Services Clerk commitee Computers Current Affairs Current Affairs in marathi daily marathi news and current affair exam oriented mpsc current affairs defence Ecology economy education employment ENGLISH Environment event foreign relation General Awareness Graduate Harappa civilisation Health high court Hindi Medium IBPS INDIA Indian scientists Insurance International Jobs Junior Engineer Kiran Institute of Career Achievements Kiran Prakashan Law LIC marathi MoA MoU NANOTECH nation national National Current Affairs in marathi NGO NICL Non-Technical Officer passes away person in news platinum jubilee POLICY political Pratiyogita Kiran Railways RBI report Research REWARD SBI SBI Associate scheme Science Science and tech Science and technology Science n tech Solved Papers sport sports SSC STATE Stenographer supreme court TAMILNADU technology telecom TIER-1 TIER-2 TODAY SPECIAL trade UGC UIICL UN Union Ministry Virtual World west bengal world world | world | Awards and Honors world | Thousand Island Lake | Species | dams | Balbina reservoir www.KICAonline.com www.KiranBookStore.com www.KiranOnlineExam.com www.KiranPrakashan.in स्पोर्ट