Thursday, 9 June 2016
Joint statement on India-US endurance as global partners in 21st Century released
India and the United States of America (USA) on 7 June 2016 released a Joint Statement to endure as global partners in the 21st Century. The Joint statement was released in White House marking third major bilateral summit between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and POTUS Barak Obama.The United States recognized India as a Major Defense Partner which strengthens the defense cooperation between these twoNations. This will allow India to purchase more advanced and sensitive technologies from the US.
Other highlights of the Joint statement
• India and the United States recognize the urgency of climate change and share the goal of enabling entry into force of the Paris Agreement as early as possible in 2016.
• Both the nations welcomed the signing of an MOU for Development of an International Expedited Traveler Initiative which is also known as the Global Entry Program.
• India’s ambitious national goal to install 175 GW of renewable power which includes 100 GW from solar power was supported by The United States.
• India and The United States also remain committed to the goals of Mission Innovation to double their respective clean energy research and development (R&D) investment in five years.
• India and The United States will work together to combat the threat of terrorists accessing and using chemical, biological, nuclear and radiological materials.
• Both the countries welcomed the finalization of the text of the Logistics Exchange Memorandum of Agreement (LEMOA).
• Both these countries issued two Joint statements earlier on the January 2015 US-India Joint Statement to make a counterterrorism relationship for the 21st Century and in September 2015 US-India Joint Declaration on Combatting Terrorism.
This free script provided by
10+2 ADO APPOINTMENT APPOITMENT Archaeological survey of India Archaeology assam ASSEMBLY Assistant AVIATION Awards and Honors Bank BRICS business central approves CGL Chalu Ghadamodi CHHATTISGARH CHSL Civil Services Clerk commitee Computers Current Affairs Current Affairs in marathi daily marathi news and current affair exam oriented mpsc current affairs defence Ecology economy education employment ENGLISH Environment event foreign relation General Awareness Graduate Harappa civilisation Health high court Hindi Medium IBPS INDIA Indian scientists Insurance International Jobs Junior Engineer Kiran Institute of Career Achievements Kiran Prakashan Law LIC marathi MoA MoU NANOTECH nation national National Current Affairs in marathi NGO NICL Non-Technical Officer passes away person in news platinum jubilee POLICY political Pratiyogita Kiran Railways RBI report Research REWARD SBI SBI Associate scheme Science Science and tech Science and technology Science n tech Solved Papers sport sports SSC STATE Stenographer supreme court TAMILNADU technology telecom TIER-1 TIER-2 TODAY SPECIAL trade UGC UIICL UN Union Ministry Virtual World west bengal world world | world | Awards and Honors world | Thousand Island Lake | Species | dams | Balbina reservoir www.KICAonline.com www.KiranBookStore.com www.KiranOnlineExam.com www.KiranPrakashan.in स्पोर्ट