Thursday, 9 June 2016
G Kalyanakrishnan took over as Chief Executive of Nuclear Fuel Complex
Distinguished scientist G Kalyanakrishnan on 9 June 2016 took over as Chief Executive of Nuclear Fuel Complex (NFC), Hyderabad. Kalyanakrishnan succeeds N Saibaba, who has retired on completion of two years of extended period of service.Kalyanakrishnan will also be the Chairman of the NFC Board.
Who is G Kalyanakrishnan?
• Prior to being appointed as Chief Executive of NFC, Kalyanakrishnan served as the Deputy Chief Executive.
• He has vast experience in erection and commissioning as well as operation of Heavy Water Plants.
• He has also contributed in the successful commissioning of Zirconium Complex (ZC – a Unit of NFC) at Pazhayakayal, Tuticorin, Tamil Nadu and in achieving its nameplate capacity of 250 MT in the shortest time.
• He obtained his degree in chemical engineering from the Regional Engineering College, Warangal in 1980.
• He had joined the 24th batch of 1980-1981 Training School of Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC), Mumbai.
About Nuclear Fuel Complex
• The Nuclear Fuel Complex was established in 1971.
• It was established as a major industrial unit of India's Department of Atomic Energy for the supply of nuclear fuel bundles and reactor core components.
• It is a unique facility where natural and enriched uranium fuel, zirconium alloy cladding and reactor core components are manufactured under one roof.
• NFC supplies zircaloy clad uranium oxide fuel assemblies and zirconium alloy structural components for all 14 operating atomic power reactors in India.
• The Hyderabad plant has a capacity to produce 250 tons of UO2 per year and is expected to expanded to a 600 tons per year capacity.
• NFC products are supplied to the Department of Atomic Energy, the Indian Navy, Hindustan Aeronautics Limited and other defence organisations.
This free script provided by
10+2 ADO APPOINTMENT APPOITMENT Archaeological survey of India Archaeology assam ASSEMBLY Assistant AVIATION Awards and Honors Bank BRICS business central approves CGL Chalu Ghadamodi CHHATTISGARH CHSL Civil Services Clerk commitee Computers Current Affairs Current Affairs in marathi daily marathi news and current affair exam oriented mpsc current affairs defence Ecology economy education employment ENGLISH Environment event foreign relation General Awareness Graduate Harappa civilisation Health high court Hindi Medium IBPS INDIA Indian scientists Insurance International Jobs Junior Engineer Kiran Institute of Career Achievements Kiran Prakashan Law LIC marathi MoA MoU NANOTECH nation national National Current Affairs in marathi NGO NICL Non-Technical Officer passes away person in news platinum jubilee POLICY political Pratiyogita Kiran Railways RBI report Research REWARD SBI SBI Associate scheme Science Science and tech Science and technology Science n tech Solved Papers sport sports SSC STATE Stenographer supreme court TAMILNADU technology telecom TIER-1 TIER-2 TODAY SPECIAL trade UGC UIICL UN Union Ministry Virtual World west bengal world world | world | Awards and Honors world | Thousand Island Lake | Species | dams | Balbina reservoir www.KICAonline.com www.KiranBookStore.com www.KiranOnlineExam.com www.KiranPrakashan.in स्पोर्ट